I made these super easy turkey wraps for dinner last night and they were so good! They are easy, fast, and fresh with stir-fried turkey, garlic, fresh ginger, green onions, cashews, cilantro, sriracha, seasoned with sesame oil, and soy sauce, and served in butter lettuce cups. They can easily be on your table under 30 minutes. Defiantly a new favorite in our house, healthy and so fun to eat!
Turkey Cashew Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, or more, to taste
- ¼ cup whole cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks. Remove turkey from the pan.
- Add garlic, onion, coriander, and ginger and more oil if needed. Cook until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in turkey, soy sauce, sriracha, cashews and green onions. Stir-fry for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Stir in sesame oil and then remove from heat. Toss in the cilantro.
- To serve, spoon in a couple of spoonfuls of stir-fry into an open lettuce leaf cup. Loosely wrap and eat like a soft taco.