Today I am sharing a super quick and easy recipe: Stir Fried Shrimp in Sweet and Sour Sauce with Snow Peas and Red Pepper. This recipe could not be easier and it’s perfect for busy work nights.
Let’s see.. Step one: marinade the shrimp, step 2: prep the veggies, step 3: quickly stir-fry everything and you have a tasty dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes. Feel free to change up the veggies to you liking. This is also a very light and healthy meal that your family would love!
Stir-Fried Shrimp in Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 1 pound of large shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ pound snow peas or sugar snap peas, stems snapped off and strings removed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and cut into ¾-inch dice
Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- 2 1/2 tablespoons rice or white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Sriracha to taste (1 teaspoon (mild)- 1 tablespoon (hot))
- 2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- White rice to serve
- To marinade Shrimp: Combine minced garlic with shrimp, ginger, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, and salt in medium bowl. Let shrimp marinate at room temperature 30 minutes.
- To prepare sweet and sour sauce: Meanwhile, whisk all the sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch nonstick skillet or work over high heat until just smoking. Add snow peas and bell pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables begin to brown, 1½ to 2 minutes. Transfer vegetables to medium bowl.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to now-empty skillet and heat until just smoking. Add shrimp, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp are light pink on both sides, 1 to 1½ minutes.
- Add the sauce to skillet; return to high heat and cook, stirring constantly, until sauce is thickened and shrimp are cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return vegetables to skillet, toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and with sesame seeds.
- Serve with rice.