This zesty, crunchy coleslaw is a nice change from regular coleslaw. It goes great with grilled fare and sandwiches, on the top of the BBQ pulled sandwiches or fish tacos. You won’t be disappointed!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly shredded
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- zest of 1/2 lime
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (not light)
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar or honey
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup raw cashew nuts, roughly chopped
In a medium bowl combine cabbage, onion, and lime zest. Wisk together lime juice, coconut milk, agave nectar, salt and pepper. Drizzle the lime coconut dressing over the cabbage mixture, tossing well, using part or all of the dressing. Top with chopped cashew nuts.
Note: cabbage is most ideal if it isn’t really cold otherwise the coconut oils set up.