As the rest of you entering autumn, we are experiencing heat waves. I wanted to create something that combines taste of fall that was soothing in the heat. I used orange and pears for this recipe and spiced it with a little bit of cinnamon and dried ginger. I added just a touch of maple syrup to sweeten the popsicles and some cranberries at the end. Enjoy these delicious popsicles to celebrate the season!
Orange Pear Popsicle
- 1 large orange, peeled and halved
- 3 ripe pears (~ 3 cups), cored and halved ( I used Bartlett pear)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried ginger
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup ( or adjust to taste)
- Dried cranberries
- Blend all at high speed in a blender ( except for dried cranberries).
- Divide mixture among popsicle molds or cups.
- Into each popsicle mold, add few cranberries if using, then pour the orange-pear mixture.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each mold, and freeze for about 4 hours or until completely frozen.