These quick and easy one-pan, 30 minute Moroccan Turkey Lettuce wraps with roasted sweet potatoes and cashews are loaded with flavor! The flavors blend really well together, and the lettuce as a wrap is the perfect crispy complement to the sweet and savory turkey/sweet potato mixture!
Moroccan Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- cayenne pepper to taste
- Juice of one lime
- 1 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch dice (roasted, see note below)
- 1/3 cup whole cashew nuts
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Serve with lime wedges and sumac if desired.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground turkey and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the turkey as it cooks. Remove turkey from the pan.
- Add garlic, onion, and ginger and more oil if needed. Cook until onions have become translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add paprika, cumin, cinnamon, coriander, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and cook for another minute or so.
- Stir in turkey, sweet potatoes, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir-fry for another couple of minutes, stirring constantly.
- Stir in cashew nuts and lime juice and then remove from heat. Toss in the cilantro.
- To serve, spoon in a couple of spoonfuls of stir-fry into an open lettuce leaf cup. Loosely wrap and eat like a soft taco.
Note: I had an extra roasted sweet potato from the night before. I made Roasted Sweet Potatoes Hummus and roasted extra potatoes to use in this dish.