I love grilling kebabs for their ease and versatility. You can make your own, just the way you want them. The different ingredient combinations offers loads of tasty possibilities. Its a quick and easy meal!
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 15 minutes resting
Cooking time: 5-7 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs (parsley, cilantro), minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon shish kebab spices ( I used Shish Kebab Arabian Spice Blend from http://www.zamourispices.com); optional
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and let it stand for at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill on high heat. Using damp hands, divide the meat into equal lumps about the size of a small orange. Shape each into a sausage and mold it firmly around the skewer.
- Grill the meat for 5-7 minutes, turning frequently. Avoid overcooking. The meat should be seared on the outside, juicy and tender on the inside.
- Serve with lavash or pita bread, fresh vegetables or tzatziki sauce.