You are looking at the simplest chicken dish that full of flavor and come together in less than 30 minutes. This recipe could not be easier, yet packed with flavors from tomatoes, artichoke, parmesan and mascarpone cheese. Simply cook the chicken in the pan and then make the sauce in the same pan! Very affordable meal and perfect for a week night dinner. Serve over pasta, rice, etc and a side of steamed vegetables like broccoli.
Chicken in a Creamy Tomato Artichoke Sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 pound (2-4) skinless and boneless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen artichokes (or use canned artichoke)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1/4 cup of mascarpone cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil or parsley, thinly sliced
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the chicken and cook until lightly golden brown on both sides and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
- Add the broth, diced tomatoes, artichokes, Italian spices and cheese. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer until the sauce thickens a bit, about 3-5 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken along with any juices, season with salt and pepper to taste, simmer for couple more minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in the basil or parsley.
- Serve over pasta, rice, etc and a side of steamed vegetables like broccoli.