I made “Beef Carnitas with Lime Cauliflower Rice, Roasted Garlic and Pineapple Orange Salsa” the other night. So yummy, but I had a little bit of beef left and I thought it will be good to use the leftovers to make some ‘pizza’ snacks. Well, it’s not exactly pizza.. I used Pillsbury crescent dinner rolls as my ‘pizza’ dough, sprinkled it with beef, onions, red peppers and mexican style cheese blend that you can find in your local grocery store. Yes, that’s simple! Bake it for 20 min, and top it with pineapple tomato salsa.
Beef Carnitas 'Pizza' with Pineapple Tomato Salsa
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can Pillsbury™ Crescent Recipe Creations® refrigerated seamless dough sheet
- Oil spray
- 1 cup cooked beef carnitas ( or use pretty much any leftover meat you have)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded mexican style cheese blend
Pineapple Tomato Salsa
- 3/4 cup chopped pineapple
- 1 chopped plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Jalapeño chile, seeds and stem removed, chopped, or taste
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- If using crescent rolls: On ungreased cookie sheet, unroll dough. Press or roll dough to form 13×9-inch rectangle, pressing perforations to seal. Form 1/4-inch rim around edges. If using dough sheet: On ungreased cookie sheet, unroll dough. Press or roll dough to form 13×9-inch rectangle. Form 1/4-inch rim around edges.
- Spray a little bit of oil over dough. Sprinkle with beef, onion, bell pepper and cheese.
- Bake 18 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Make pineapple tomato salsa by combining all of the ingredients in a medium-sized bowl.
- Sprinkle salsa over the ‘pizza’. Cut into squares. Serve warm.