Today I am sharing super easy recipe: Baked Chicken with Apple Curry Sauce! Inspired by Indian cuisine, this dish is filled with spice-sweet flavor! Apple, curry powder, ginger and coconut milk are a perfect combination for this crispy baked chicken!!!
Baked Chicken with Apply Curry Sauce
For the apple curry:
- 1/2 cup onion, roughly chopped
- 1 apple, roughly chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 jalapeño, with or without seeds (or adjust to your taste); this will be mild spicy
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste ( I used ~1/2 tsp salt and a pinch of black pepper)
For grilled chicken:
- 8 small bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- Salt, pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season chicken with salt.
- Heat a large, heavy ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat (Note: if you don’t have a large ovenproof skillet, use a regular skillet and then transfer the chicken to a baking pan). Swirl in oil.
- Cook chicken, skin side down, until browned, about 5 minutes. Flip chicken, and cook it for another 5 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan.
- Drain excess fat, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- Put all the curry ingredients in a food processor and blend to a thick paste.
- Return chicken to a pot. Spoon some of the curry sauce over the chicken.
- Transfer skillet to oven. Roast, until chicken is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Baste the chicken with curry sauce halfway through.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with steamed rice.